Wouldn’t it be great to have a little more time in your day? Many Americans work hard to shave even a few minutes off tasks throughout the day. Some have even gone to the extremes of wearing a uniform to eliminate the decision of what to wear! According to The Economist, “A Harvard Business School survey of 1,000 professionals found that 94% worked at least 50 hours a week, and almost half worked more than 65 hours.” While we’re busy at work, it’s hard to carve out enough time for relaxation and family. Surprisingly, a well-organized closet just might be the best solution for a few more minutes in your day. As an added bonus, it might even save you some money on your wardrobe!
When you can see all your clothes, shoes and accessories in one organized location, you’ll decrease the amount of time you spend looking for that perfect outfit. In addition, you’ll probably do laundry less often if you wear all your clothes instead of the few most visible items. When your wardrobe is well-organized, it’s easier to store your clothing properly. This makes your nice garments last longer, so you don’t have to replace them as often. Instead of constantly buying new clothes, you’ll save money while maintaining a beautiful wardrobe. Here’s how to get there.
Step 1: Narrow your closet down to the things you actually love
It’s time to donate those itchy sweaters, toss the worn-out items, and return those things that looked great in the store but just weren’t right when you took them home. Keep only the items that look great on you, and you’re well on your way to a perfect wardrobe.
Step 2: Determine your needs
Put everything you need to get ready in one place. Do you waste time running to the front door to find the right shoes or coat to go with your outfit? Is your jewelry in the bedroom, or are all your scarves in another closet? You’ll save a lot of time with everything in one place. Even if you’re looking at your closet and thinking that all of it will never fit, do a little brainstorming to see what it would take to get everything in one space.
If you’re storing extra items in your closet that don’t belong, find somewhere else for them to go. Sheets and towels should go in a linen closet or cabinet, and if you’re storing ski boots, holiday decorations, or other items in your closet, it’s time to find them a new home. Once your done, determine which items fit your needs. Consider these great walk in closet ideas:
- Cabinets with drawers
- A cabinet with drawers is a great place to store off-season clothing, sweaters, and rarely-worn garments. Keep dust and moths out with a beautiful cabinet, and prevent sweaters from becoming misshapen on hangers.
- Glass door cabinets
- Choose cabinets with glass doors for the perfect way to see what you have while maintaining a sleek look and keeping your clothes free of dust.
- Tilt-out or slide-out hampers
- Keeping hampers in your closet prevents clothing from piling up on the floor or in the bedroom. With tilt-out or slide-out hampers, you won’t waste space. The streamlined solution looks great in any closet, and you’ll save hours by pre-sorting your clothes.
- Valet rods
- Hang your clothes wherever you want in your closet with high-quality valet rods. Hang everything at just the right level with our customized options.
- Adjustable shelving
- Easily adapt to changes in your wardrobe with adjustable shelving. It’s easy to move things around for a walk in closet that always fits your needs.
- Slanted shoe shelves
- Maximize the space in your walk in closet with slanted shoe shelves. Even with a large collection of shoes, it’s easy to see everything you have and find the perfect pair for your outfit.
- Lined pull-out baskets
- Pull-out baskets are a great way to store socks and other small garments. A lined pull-out basket keeps everything organized and safely hidden from view.
- Custom jewelry drawers
- Keep your jewelry safe from harm with custom jewelry drawers. Keeping them in your walk-in closet makes it easy to pair jewelry with your outfit.
- Tie and belt racks
- Use tie and belt racks to display everything you need to present yourself in the best light.
Step 3: Designing your walk in closet
Once you’ve found the perfect combination, it’s time to create the perfect design for your closet space. Our experts are always ready to help, whatever the size and shape of your closet. Find everything quickly and easily with your custom walk in closet.